Last week, Tasman Rope Access Group HSEQ Manager Liam O’Connor presented alongside the WorkSafe WA Commissioner Darren Kavanagh and WA Police Union’s Dave Lampard for the ‘Contemporary Issues in Mental Health’ event. The event, hosted by the Safety Institute of Australia, provided the opportunity to raise awareness regarding the current issues facing ADF veterans:
– Two times more likely to die by suicide post-service (compared to civilians);
– The current veteran unemployment rate is 30.2% for five years post-service (the current national unemployment rate is 5.9%);
– 19% of veterans not working in jobs that match their skillset (compared to the national average of 8.5%);
– On average, paid 30% less post-transition compared to civilians with similar skillsets; and
– Veterans estimated to be collectively underpaid $130m annually.
Tasman Rope Access are proud to offer training and employment transition programs through WithYouWithMe for ADF veterans that are transitioning to ‘civvie street’. Our 2019 intake of the program will commence shortly. For further information on how a business can assist veterans can be found: https://withyouwithme.com/ https://lnkd.in/dvuUaCt
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest news.